The death of the Banana??

Would you eat bananas if they became GMO?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United States
This has already happened in the past. The Gros Michel was the big yellow banana then, apparently larger and tastier than the yellow bananas we consume now. it was wiped out by disease in the 1950's, and growers needed to find a new banana to replace it. Monoculture is the problem. There are dozens of different species of banana, but we clone and eat only one primarily. We should diversify.

Reaction score
I think that people need to stop tampering with nature. I mean if God wanted our food to be a certain way he would have made it a certain way. I really love bananas but all of this tampering with our food really scares me. I mean this is one of the main reasons why people are so sick. It makes me wonder whats natural anymore.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, wild bananas were pretty much inedible. They were small and packed with very large, hard seeds. Humans have been modifying them and other food crops for a very long time. Wild foods aren't nearly as large, juicy and easy to eat as the varieties we've cultivated. But it would be healthier to have some biodiversity, rather than one or two corporations dictating one variety of fruit that needs to be cloned to reproduce, making it susceptible to elimination by disease.

Ask a Question