Tea cup thread

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was wondering if there are any tea lovers here? I wanted to create a thread, about anything about tea. From it's history, to your favorite tea sets or cups. Also, why you got into tea or how? What's your favorite flavors of tea? Mine is stash teas, mango passionfruit. Are there any situations where you felt tea has helped your body in any beneficial way. From your personal experience with your body. I remember awesome movies or tv shows. Show like temples, built perfect where a perfect amount of sun gets in the temple. An there's like cool medicinal herbs. Used for old medicinal practices is so cool. I think that show was called "lost" when they have an airplane crash on deserted island an try to survive on a island. towards the end there was a cool plant used for ancient tea making practices. In a pyramid like temple. I love tasting my favorite fruit flavors in tea. An fruit flavored water, by soaking fruit in water. Basically, like tea also just with fruits.
20230418_105000.jpg
20230418_105040.jpg
20230418_110758.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
sure I'll bite

I've been a coffee drinker for a few decades but started limiting myself to about 3 cups a day so I sub in tea. I've switched to loose leaf and have really been liking Harney and Sons and the Spice and Tea Exchange. I want a strong black tea without weird stuff flavoring it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
sure I'll bite

I've been a coffee drinker for a few decades but started limiting myself to about 3 cups a day so I sub in tea. I've switched to loose leaf and have really been liking Harney and Sons and the Spice and Tea Exchange. I want a strong black tea without weird stuff flavoring it.
That's a great story, yes caffeine is not good on the heart. I really like loose leaf tea, but I only tried a random blend from the grocery store. I used anise, Chamomile, and a bay leaf. I broke it up with my hands an used my strainer. The loose leaf tea was delicious, but very intense effects felt like a over powering calmness to the point I almost wanted to faint or something lol. Why did the loose leaf feel so powerful on my body? I just got into making teas like a month or so ago. I needed something to sub from soda I hate the bloated feeling from the coke. So, I started getting into teas like that. An just wanted a better flavor of something to drink. Your taste buds love that strong coffee ground flavor like most coffee drinkers. Im really happy to hear tea has helped you slow down on coffee some.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
WOW! Very cool does your parents or siblings love to drink tea? Did you ever drink tea with your grandparents? Do you know any stories about your ancestors and the tea sets?
The Royal Albert china cup and saucer were made in England.
I sometimes drink tea with the ladies.
Mother and her sister sometimes drink tea with their mother.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
These days we have decaffeinated tea and coffee, the taste is good as the normal ones. We have Sainsbury's red label tea which is in a blue box. It's a good flavour and a good price. I have tea when hubby has one but i sometimes have coffee, hubby doesn't like coffee.
We have it in a cup and saucer that's made by Denby in the UK
20230423_202017.jpg

Brew it in a teapot for a few minutes
20230423_202031.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
These days we have decaffeinated tea and coffee, the taste is good as the normal ones. We have Sainsbury's red label tea which is in a blue box. It's a good flavour and a good price. I have tea when hubby has one but i sometimes have coffee, hubby doesn't like coffee.
We have it in a cup and saucer that's made by Denby in the UK
View attachment 95670
Brew it in a teapot for a few minutes
View attachment 95671
What kind of teas do yall drink? Nice cups an the tea pot

Ask a Question