Sunken Trampoline for their kids....?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we have a trampoline in our garden for the kids (although after a few beers an a BBQ I have been known to use it).

The other day our 10 year old fell out of it where the join in the netting is... She whacked her head and ended up with concussion.. I started looking on line for an alternative and came across "sunken trampolines".

My question is.. has anybody got one in their garden for their kids? and what do they think to them? They do look a lot better..

Here are the ones ive seen http://www.sunkentrampoline.com

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Interesting concept, but quite expensive!
There's still a risk of falling and hitting one's head with those it would seem to me. Perhaps less of a risk but anything that involves jumping high up in the air also means the jumping person is going to land back down...hope your daughter is OK.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I don't know what it's like in the UK, but here in Texas any hole in the ground gets occupied. How is the hole sealed so critters don't move in?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Hi all, we have a trampoline in our garden for the kids (although after a few beers an a BBQ I have been known to use it).

The other day our 10 year old fell out of it where the join in the netting is... She whacked her head and ended up with concussion.. I started looking on line for an alternative and came across "sunken trampolines".

My question is.. has anybody got one in their garden for their kids? and what do they think to them? They do look a lot better..

Here are the ones ive seen http://www.sunkentrampoline.com

When my boys were young we had the good old free standing trampoline and there were the odd falls I'm afraid. Dangerous things really but they survived. My sister had a sunken one so less dangerous. Now the go here is to have it free standing but with raised mesh sides which really does seem to work well. The kids and the odd adult (having had a beer or two) just bounce back in. :cautious:The metal coils are covered so one more less possible injury. The only danger really is collision but my neighbors has a rule of no more than 2 at one time with her grandchildren. They're good fun and I guess you can't wrap them in cotton wool but I know it's a worry when accidents happen. Hope your daughter is feeling better.(y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Deborah and Beth. Shes fine now thanks for asking, no lasting damage.

Not really sure how to stop critters getting in other than getting a dog and putting his kennel down there... haha I would imagine they make great spots for hedgehogs.

Ask a Question