Sunflowers

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
i planted sunflowers seeds too close to each other can i seperste them without damaging the roots ?
And if so should i wait until they will get bigger before i do it (i planted them a month ago)
I would like to upload here a picture but i dont know how .

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
i planted sunflowers seeds too close to each other can i seperste them without damaging the roots ?
And if so should i wait until they will get bigger before i do it (i planted them a month ago)
I would like to upload here a picture but i dont know how .

Attachments

• IMG_20221104_214752.jpg
    IMG_20221104_214752.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 10

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
You can separate them into three pots, one plant in each. First water (soak) the three, then very carefully pull them apart by removing the entire root ball and with as little force as possible separate the roots. Be as careful as possible not to destroy roots although some will be unavoidable. Immediately gently plant each separated plant into its new home pot and water in thoroughly.

The sooner you do this the better and the better chances of success.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The way I would do it is to gently wash away the soil from all of the seedings and very gently separate the roots. Then repot each into a container about the same size as they are in now.

Ask a Question