Hibiscus

fleur10.jpg

fleur11.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a truly gorgeous picture, Krysteo!:D Thank you for posting it. I love the intense color of this flower.
I've never tried to grow hibiscus in my garden, but I often drink hibiscus tea. It's pretty tasty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's a gorgeous oleander! I adore this shade of pink. It looks so sweet and delicate.
One of my friends grows oleanders in pots. I'd like to give it a try too, but I'm a little scared. Is it true that this beautiful plant is highly toxic?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow, it's a gorgeous oleander! I adore this shade of pink. It looks so sweet and delicate.
One of my friends grows oleanders in pots. I'd like to give it a try too, but I'm a little scared. Is it true that this beautiful plant is highly toxic?
Only if you eat it and animals usually leave it alone because of its taste. It is toxic but a small amount isn't fatal. I have seen small deer take a bite and it didn't do anything except make them shake their head, snort and drool for awhile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Only if you eat it and animals usually leave it alone because of its taste. It is toxic but a small amount isn't fatal. I have seen small deer take a bite and it didn't do anything except make them shake their head, snort and drool for awhile
This is a very good news:) Maybe I'll try to grow it then. I have a small dog, but he doesn't seem to care about my plants. I've never seen him eating them.
I'd be so happy if a deer visited my garden! You're so lucky:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
France
Yes, beautiful but toxic, unfortunately. But if you only watch it and not eat it, it's ok ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yes, beautiful but toxic, unfortunately. But if you only watch it and not eat it, it's ok ;)
I don't worry about myself, I don't eat pretty, flowering plants:D But, like I mentioned, I have a tiny dog who spends a lot of time in my garden, usually unsupervised. Fortunately, he doesn't seem to be willing to eat my plants either:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
So beautiful! I love the Oleander most especially! I am envious of your garden. I will try to plant more flowering plants soon, too. :D Although I have to be wary about planting oleander because my cats are really avid plant and flower eaters.

Reaction score
Early July I have beautyful flowers in my garden.

- Albizia, Hemerocalle, Gladiolus, Honeysuckle, Lilies...

View attachment 3095 View attachment 3096 View attachment 3097 View attachment 3098 View attachment 3099 View attachment 3100 View attachment 3094
Those are so pretty!!! Such a nice variety of different flowers and colors. Don't you just love to walk outside and see such beauty!! It's like a surprise!! Gardens can be so different from on day to the next. That's my favorite thing about having a garden.
Beautiful !!

Danyel :)

Ask a Question