The End of Summer

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
As is usual, little colour remains in our garden as it's predominantly a "Spring garden."

P1010838.JPG

Though this acer is doing its best.

P1010839.JPG

This Sorbus at the bottom of the garden is doing well, I've straightened the trunk over the past few years and given it a better shape. Lots of red berries on it. I hope the wood pigeons don't break any branches trying to get to them as they did a few years ago.

P1010841.JPG

P1010840.JPG

We had £25 of vouchers from Wyevale, due to the number of points we received from purchases during the year.

We bought three new roses for the patio. Henrietta Barnette, one just called "Peachy" and another, Olympic.

P1010835.JPG

The prices ranged from £12 to £16. Everything seems to be getting more expensive, David Austin roses there are now £24, twice what they were only a few years ago. I understand a Wyevale closed in Sunningdale, "where the rich and famous live..."....(plus my sister, who's neither) . But a lot of chains are in trouble, I wouldn't be surprised if the Homebase in Altrincham closes, B&Q have already gone.

Dunno about the roses but there's a fortune in glazed pots on there now.

P1010837.JPG

We've still some more roses to bloom, if the frost doesn't get them. This one will be joined by several more in the next few days.

P1010836.JPG

Ask a Question