Summer garden pix 2015

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
That's a lovely assortment of plants you have Chanell. (y) I like your Hibiscus, it's unusual.

Thanks! When I first saw the plant it had no blooms; when I learned it was a hibiscus and that it was cold hardy, I couldn't wait to see what the flowers looked like. The minute we got some in that were in 1 gallon pots I snatched one up!

They are all fantastic! Your Acidanthera looked so much like my Sword Lily!

This is my first time growing it. I'd never heard of it until I saw the bulbs at the dollar store. Now I wish I had purchased more of them! I hope they'll have more for fall planting.

What variety! I especially like the shrimp plant as well; never heard of that and had to look it up.

My grandmother had one when I was a child. Every time I passed the plant I would think of hers and how I was fascinated by it. I almost lost the opportunity to acquire this one; when I can get it to stand up properly I will have to take another photo.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
All lovely ChannelG. I, too, have a shrimp plant, fascinating aren't they? Love the Texas Star Hibiscus and as for your Meyer Lemon, so small and yet so abundant. My lemon tree is big now about 2 1/2 meters but has given me in all 3 lemons. I'm happy for you, just a bit envious.:confused::)

I purchased the tree with flowers on it already. It dropped fruit several times and flowered again and what you see are the lemons that survived. The tree is still very small and I really should sacrifice the fruit, but I want lemons, lol! I have to find a better way to support it.

Try giving your tree molasses. It's supposed to help with fruiting and flowering.

Ask a Question