Stromanthe Triostar Help

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi All, i was given a pot of badly cared for stromanthe triostar and i'm trying to revive it to its former glory. I've split up the plants into 3 pots to try to get them growing again but i realised that some of the leaves have got yellow spots and also even if proper water and humidity care some leaves start drying along the edges inwards. The underside of the leaf which is supposed to be a bright pinkish red also looks a little washed out. Anyone knows what potential problems this might be? Also, any tips on stromanthe triostar is welcome!
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-21 at 2.24.26 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-21 at 2.24.27 PM.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
A little transicion shock but nothing to worry about. Remove a little of top layer about 1/2 an inch and allow the plant to breathe more oxygen down in the root zone. It will take a while for the plants to adjust to their new home. The most important thing with growing Stromanthe Triostar is to cycle between wet and dry periods. Be careful to not overwater, as this could lead to root rot, allow the soil to dry out a little more between waterings, but never completely. The plant may adape faster if you put her in morning sun if its cool in your area.

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
A little transicion shock but nothing to worry about. Remove a little of top layer about 1/2 an inch and allow the plant to breathe more oxygen down in the root zone. It will take a while for the plants to adjust to their new home. The most important thing with growing Stromanthe Triostar is to cycle between wet and dry periods. Be careful to not overwater, as this could lead to root rot, allow the soil to dry out a little more between waterings, but never completely. The plant may adape faster if you put her in morning sun if its cool in your area.

That's great to know! The roots were perfect when i took them out and they are getting direct morning sun sitting just next to the east window. Hopefully they'll be fine. Thanks oneeye!

Ask a Question