Strawberry Guava Sickness Red leaves

Reaction score
Country
United States
My strawberry guava is in a 10 gal and recently has been dropping leaves in a seemingly random order after they turn red. I suspect some type of fungal disease, and I really don’t know what to do as the plants new growth just turns black and it’s quickly losing its old leaves. Please help me identify the issue and find the solution!
3CA03B77-A10D-4E21-8F17-B75D1E118A5A.jpeg
2EC08198-A0D9-4782-85B7-2CEA1D4DA7F3.jpeg
A505E9F2-3FD9-476D-AD2B-972095DEFD4C.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Honestly, it doesn't look that bad. They frequently drop lots of old leaves slightly before and during spurts of new growth.
What is your watering process (frequency, thoroughness) and fertilizing program?
How much sun does it get?
How cold did you get this winter?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well we’ve been getting a lot of rain latley and so I haven’t been watering it and I put slow release fertilizer spikes in 2 weeks ago when it was spring. It also hasn’t been so cold that I think it would get sick or anything. We’re in zone 10. If it is getting a growth spurt, I’m confused as to why all the new growth starts to die and turn black?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It’s probably from the hard frosts during the winter rather than the current weather. It will probably continue for a few weeks and then the leaves will stop dropping.

Ask a Question