Strange but interesting Hydrangea Bloom color

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I would have wrote that usually you can estimate the Ph by what brakes down on the surface that over time with rain what goes into the soil. HOWEVER, you live in Texas, so have no clue if you even have a "Fall" as we do up north. there are two basic droppings that happen up here that is general leaf from trees which cause a higher acid soil and pine needles which is also a different Ph for the soil. Now if you want to use something to counter act acid (if you find the is what it is) then use a lime dust on the ground. Lime in a sleeping garden patch over the winter is good to sweeten up veggies for later the next summer, you just leave nature let it seep in naturally over the winter and snows or rains. but again you live in Texas. I live up in PA.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8A
Country
United States
Since this is the first season for our new hygreanda it has received any heavy leaf fall. This bush is under the canopy of a bald cypress tree. Our yard crew removes all fallen material every two to three weeks. IF it would benefit our hygreanda we could surround the bush with the cypress leaves, actually neddels. What is your opinion?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love hydrangea flowers, all colors and yours sound very lovely. Two colors or a mix of colors is always very catchy to my eyes. I would just love it the way it is!

Reaction score
The colors sound beautiful, adding acid to the soil will change the color of the blooms. I lookforward to seeing pictures of the blooms. Hope the nails help to change the colors to what you are looking for.

I read about it not so long ago in this forum, there was a whole guide on how to change the color of those flowers (I think), but I lost the info graph :( I never thought acid could change the colors of said flowers so much!

Ask a Question