The strangest thing.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
While on a delivery in the panhandle of Florida, this morning, I was traveling on Hwy 2 going west out of Graceville, Florida. When I crossed the Big Choctawhatchee River bridge, all the trees on the west side of the river were in fall colors....oranges, yellows, reds, browns....yet the trees on the east side of the river were in spring green colors.....and they appeared to be the same kinds of trees on both sides. If I had not been pushed for time and had not been pulling a trailer, I would have pulled over and took some pics of this phenomenon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
As you can see from my zone, all leaves should drop in the fall here but this year they "died" however on many oak trees and maples as well, they wouldn't let go. Even through strong winds and minus 20f didn't weaken tbeir resolve!

Looked weird and here I am in early spring looking at needing to rake. Of course I can't do it because the ground is still frozen rock hard.

Mother nature just loves to play :)

Ask a Question