Standard Lilac Syringa ’Palibin’

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, please can you help.
I purchased a Standard Lilac Syringa ’Palibin’ which came in a small pot. It looked really healthy and was flowering. After a few weeks I decided to re-plant it into a bigger container and now I see that the flowers are turning brown and crumbly.
I have no idea what to do to try to save it.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, unfortunately Lilac has very short flowering period and the stress caused by moving into another pot would only exacerbate this, I assume the leaves are OK just the flowers.. Just cut off dead flowers back to a bud and leave to flower again next season, you may want to give a feed to encourage new growth, blood fish and bone (bone meal) is ideal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much and yes the leaves are fine.
I will get the bone meal and hope for the best for next year.
Thanks again ️️

Reaction score
Country
United States
The common name Dwarf Korean Lilac is often used to refer to Syringa pubescens ssp. pubescens 'Palibin' (formerly S. meyeri 'Palibin'). This cultivar has long been grown in gardens, but is not known in the wild.
However, the subspecies Syringa pubescens ssp. pubescens is native to eastern China, but not Korea.

Another popular garden cultivar, Syringa pubescens ssp. patula 'Miss Kim' is also sometimes referred to as Dwarf Korean Lilac.
The subspecies Syringa pubescens ssp. patula is native to northeastern China (Manchuria) and Korea.

Ask a Question