Lost Standard Daphne

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I had planted this standard daphne in my woodlands garden area when i first began setting itbu0. . As you can see it has gotten absolutely lost amogst this native violet that has taken over. View attachment 15759i have pulled out a lot of the undergrowth to try to isolate the daphne but now need to rethink how to allow it to "shine" so to speak. It really is too be special to be so lost. View attachment 15760There is an established Carole Fuchsia nearby but I think i will need to risk moving it to clear the way. Not sure whether I should just mulch underneath or find a shade loving , low growing ground cover to save weeding. i had considered at one stage moving it but checked the price at the nurseries and way to expensive to take the chance. Showing it off to its best advantage is a work in progress. I would welcome any ideas. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hmm your links aren't working for me, can you repost in a different format? I'm getting a "you do not have permission to view this image" error message.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20161113_231452.jpg
rps20161113_231537.jpg
hopefully this has worked

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Have tidied it all up, moved the Fuschia Corale not too far away and the pot nearby with the Fuschia Nicotina, dug out as much of the violet i can see. The only eye sore is the stake to keep the trunk straight . I'm pleased. I think the standard daphne now is visible instead of completely lost.
rps20161201_213317.jpg
.There is an established Jack Frost to the right and a new ground cover in fr0nt of the daphne which is in the same family....very exciting.

Ask a Question