Spring may be sprunging

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Owdboggy You've a beautiful garden! Big as well. Shame it's too far for me. Love the price and the amount of land..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I hope it's not suddenly getting hot straight away. Sad that the weather really ties our hands.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The whole morning was bright for half an hour. then cool and cloudy and now sunshine is coming out. we're supposed to have several hours of sunshine. But in my living room, it's decidedly chilly.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The soil is definitely warming up here in Essex as weeds are everywhere - up to my eyeballs. :eek::eek::eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
The temperature at soil level under snow is usually just at or just below freezing.

Just noticed this now - too funny! :ROFLMAO:

It is the law here that our homes must have the cellars insulated to three feet below ground level which is generally also considered the frost line. The ground is only frozen solid to about an 18" depth at this moment because it hasn't been as cold as it was last month.

Without your lovely gulf stream, even though I am at a lower latitude, I have much harsher elements and that is why yet another forecast of snow gets exasperating to see. I don't think it heats up the ice hard ground any.

Wish it did :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just noticed this now - too funny! :ROFLMAO:

It is the law here that our homes must have the cellars insulated to three feet below ground level which is generally also considered the frost line. The ground is only frozen solid to about an 18" depth at this moment because it hasn't been as cold as it was last month.

Without your lovely gulf stream, even though I am at a lower latitude, I have much harsher elements and that is why yet another forecast of snow gets exasperating to see. I don't think it heats up the ice hard ground any.

Wish it did :)
Just trying to imagine what it's like having to deal with this.......makes my brain hurt......

Ask a Question