Splitting Daylilly's in spring

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just realized I forgot to split and move these daylily's back in the fall to relocate them in a different spot where I want them. Can I split and move them now even though it's spring and they are just starting to come up?

Attachments

• IMG-6179.jpg
    IMG-6179.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 127
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply! I'll move them this weekend. They are the yellow Stella D'oro
I have those and they happen to be one of the varieties I moved recently. Keep them well watered after dividing/replanting. My Stella D'oro are sulking at the moment (unlike my larger varieties) but that is a far cry from dying/drying out. They are just showing their displeasure. They flower later than my others so I'm not at all concerned about their sulking at this stage. Day lilies, I find, are a very forgiving plant and I adore them.

Just one word of caution ... I don't know: what temperatures do you have at the moment? My point being, I wouldn't have divided them if we were still getting frosts.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our weather seems to have finally broken and we're staying above frost for overnight low temps. But will definitely take a closer peek before moving them.

Ask a Question