Soft scale on fruit trees

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

Glad to become a member of the community!

To kick things off, I have a question related to eradicating/controlling soft brown scale on fruit trees, in particular, Guava if that makes any difference. Basically, my girlfriend has a coffee plant in another room and I think it's started to affect other fruit trees we have. I have two Guavas, a mexican cream variety and a Ruby supreme which are in a room separate from the coffee but are next to each other. I haven't noticed the scale affecting the Ruby supreme as of yet but aside from using Neem oil - which i've read is apparently effective - does anyone have any other tips or tricks that can be used to get rid of this?

Today I pulled out the mexican cream Guava which is the most affected and cut off all the branches that I could see which were infested. But some other branches look like they still have some sap or sticky coating attached. Ideally, i'd like to get rid of this problem entirely so the tree can resume healthy growth and produce fruit!

Thanks for reading!

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Welcome to the community!

You can wash the scale off using an insecticidal soap but I'd still comeback with applications of freshly opened Neem Oil. It is really effective for fruit tree scale, in my experience.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Your problems are outside my experience I am afraid, but Meadowlark is usually very reliable. Anyway, just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

Ask a Question