Do you software or writing to keep track of plants in your garden?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was wondering what people are using to keep track of what they've planted? If so I'd like to hear about it! I'm thinking of creating a software solution for keeping track of what has been planted and keeping notes on the garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I keep a seasonal notebook. I notate everything, weather, growth habits, any weird happenings, insects, when I water, etc. I do this on a weekly basis on all the plants and varieties in my garden. I have done this for many decades. My garden is fairly big and I grow many different varieties, mainly different varieties of peppers and tomatoes. Some years I'll grow 25-30 different varieties of tomatoes and half that many peppers. I would still have to maintain a handwritten log so why go to the trouble of doing the same thing twice. Many of my notebooks I haven't looked at in years and others are getting rather worn but I can go to 1977 or last year in a matter of moments. So, for me, putting everything on a thumb drive would be a waste of time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The easiest way is to take photos. I take a lot and file them by the month, so I can check the progress of anything through the year.

I have a file for every month going back to 2004.

Ask a Question