Should I be worried about my monstera?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

This is my first post here as I am recently getting into gardening; both indoors and outdoors.

I bought this monstera plant around 6 months ago and it seems to be flourishing! It is popping out a new leaf around once a month and since it’s doing so well, I wanted to have a try at propagating it.

I have noticed a couple of brown marks on the plant and wondered if it was maybe brown spot? I currently have it placed in the same room as a south facing window so it is receiving indirect sunlight all throughout the day, but should I bring it closer to the window as it’s currently about 12 ft from the window. I am watering whenever the soil is really dry but misting almost every day. I haven’t yet fertilised, if you have any tips/info on what to use I would really appreciate it!

Also, when I bought the plant, it had a broken leaf. Although it’s a bit of an eyesore, it seems healthy enough and I don’t want to cut it off if it doesnt need to come off; I suppose it adds to the character!

Any reply’s would be really appreciated! 58E38118-2757-4520-B152-F6A23A389733.jpegA9ACFD64-D3C1-4CDE-90A5-7F8706A7EC6B.jpeg98DA903E-6BDD-4D1F-BF6A-36EE5CB21805.jpeg3F5A1DB7-4C5C-4C99-BBB3-B9053A2A1F1B.jpeg35EB5180-3EA3-413F-8072-ECCF801FA468.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I’m also not an expert, but I think it’s a kind of plant pests or diseases

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi there! Usually monsteras do that when they are getting enough humidity. I occasionally stick mine in the bathroom for the steam and haven’t had that happen since

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there! Usually monsteras do that when they are getting enough humidity. I occasionally stick mine in the bathroom for the steam and haven’t had that happen since
Ooh, okay! I will do that! I have done my first ever propagation from this plant too, and it seems to be going well but having the same issue, so I will do the same with that!

Ask a Question