Rubber plant leaves going mushy colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can somebody pleas tell me if this can be saved.my friend asked me to see if I can save it .thanks in advance any help will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 09750FF8-F0B9-4177-AA9B-EE0E77D5F66C.jpeg
    09750FF8-F0B9-4177-AA9B-EE0E77D5F66C.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How often does it get watered?
How close to that window is it? Is the curtain always closed?
I only got the plant this week and it’s a net curtain as says not direct sunlight,I’ve bought a spray mist food and watered it once up to now.one of the leaves was completely folded inwards at first but now opening up

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Let it dry out about 1" down before you water again and just keep it moist. When you DO water, make sure some comes out the bottom and don't allow it to sit in it for long. It will take quite some time to recover and look good again, but it can be done.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much for your advice,I’ve sat the pot on a layer of pebbles if that will help the sitting in water problem?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks again.I was going to change the soil.what would you recommend?
I propagate rubber trees and know them well. Your only problem is wet soil. Also don't re-pot that plant because you will do it more harm if you do. That's the problem you have now, you just transplanted the plant in the pot you have now and raised the water volume and caused over-watering. The only problem you have is too much water and so Just let the soil dry more before watering.

Ask a Question