Rose of Sharon

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Planted this last summer and had some small blooms. We are anxious to see how it does this year. I think it's looking nice thus far. The surroundings need some work but we just started this little corner garden and are learning.
Rose of Sharon second year.JPG

Reaction score
It's looking good, my aunts used to have a lot of those in her garden, all of different colors. There were a lot bumble bees flying around it, so be ready for that once it blooms. I remember when I was 5, I was playing around with her flowers and got stung on my cheek, hahaha, well deserved. Looking forward to seeing how yours does :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Mine started off as little 6 inch tall sticks the year we got the house.. 14 years later they are easily 15 feet tall and covered in blooms every summer. They provide shade to the front of the house all summer and a bit of a wind break in winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
It is looking good, and quite a bit further along in awakening then ours is this spring in New England (just started with a little green stuff last week after very slow start to warmer weather).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have the white color and pink color Rose of Sharon in different areas of my yard. Once the flowers grew old and fell off, they are self-seeding and will grow many different trees. I had to uprooted all the little one all spring long.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
This is the first time I hear about rose of sharon. I search the net. I am curious. I see flowers that resemble hibiscus..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Your Rose of Sharon is very healthy and pretty:) Please, keep us posted and take a picture of it when it blooms. I'm sure it will look stunning.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
We have a native hibiscus which I'm pretty sure is in the family of the rose of Sharon. I have one just coming out now and really lovely. The petals splay out in the wind. I'd love to take a photo and put it on the forum when it's really doing its thing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
have to try to get a pics here. on the side pathway that leads down to the valley garden we have two rows of Rose of Sharons on each side, they are now about 20 feet tall, and we have trained them into an arch, so you walk under them for about 6 feet until the opening in to the lower gardens. I think they are blooming now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
have to try to get a pics here. on the side pathway that leads down to the valley garden we have two rows of Rose of Sharons on each side, they are now about 20 feet tall, and we have trained them into an arch, so you walk under them for about 6 feet until the opening in to the lower gardens. I think they are blooming now.
I would love to see that. Please do try for a picture.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Like GrdenToad, I would love to see a picture of that too:) Two rows of Rose of Sharon trained into an arch sound magical:love: I'm sure it looks beautiful!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Your Rose of Sharon archway sounds beautiful Esther. I would love to see a photo. And I hope you had a happy birthday yesterday. :)

Ask a Question