Resident Roadrunner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
It's looking as if we have a resident Roadrunner wanting to spend the winter here at the ranch. We always welcome them as they are excellent mousers.
Road Runner - 15.jpg
Roadrunner 15.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We have roadrunners, who are really drive-way runners! You are right about them being excellent mousers, and they do pretty well with crickets and grasshoppers, too.
I love roadrunners--they are such a silly looking bird and very entertaining!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
They're not up here but I've seen them when I've travelled further south. Had no idea they were mousers; learn something new every day!

I feed and shelter six "resident" feral cats - have trapped and neutered them all- and they must be doing a good job of keeping the rodent population down because apart from my first year in this house I've never seen a mouse. And most people I know around here have a mouse issue when the weather starts turning cold.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I'd never seen a real Roadrunner before! In my head I just had the Looney Tunes character version of a roadrunner in my head when I saw your thread title. Pretty neat to see those pictures - and to get an understanding of exactly where they are native to!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is the cutest roadrunner I have seen :) in the picture that is, but never in real life!

Reaction score
Beautiful! I have never seen one in real life :) Are they really as fast as people say? I live in that area where they are supposed to be seen as well, but I have yet to see on. Wonderful picture, thanks for sharing!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
My idea of a roadrunner was the cartoon also and I thought they were made up. Nice to know they really do exsist.

Ask a Question