Red pickled onions anyone?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I found a recipe online for making pickled onions out of red onions and they are so good when they are ready! You mix half a cup of warm water, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 tablesppon of sugar, and a teaspoon of dill. You then stuff a 16 oz Mason jar with sliced onion and pour the solution in. Seal it and place it in the fridge for about 24 hours before serving. The onions will turn a beautiful pink color!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Daughter Willow would like that :)

Reaction score
Oh I like onions best pickled like that. Those little white cocktail onions are good too. I like almost anything pickled... and some things pickled sweet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They taste really good on a cold turkey sandwich with lots of lettuce and cheese added on! I try to always have a batch on hand now, but I don't know how well they freeze since I have not tried yet.

Reaction score
Not a big fan of pickled onions, but the in laws really are. This recipe sounds very nice and simple enough, I might seriously give it a try! I love pickled jalapeño chilies.

Reaction score
I love onions in any way they are prepared and this recipe sounds so good. A wonderful addition to sandwiches, burgers,,, or just along side whatever protein you have prepared,, yum,,, with smoked meat.

Ask a Question