Red ants invading

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Rajesh Sethi what a clever solution :) I guess you would make a trail of sugar granules over to your neighbor's house to a place where you want them to nest and then put lots of goodies there?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
That will be fun, still ant can be furious, You should check them changing nest, they kill every thing on way.
War between colonies of ant, I think result is like red sand ( dead bodies of ants)

Have anyone noted an insect known as ant lion, they feed on ants?o_O

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I have not heard of the ant lion insect but i will certainly look it up. Often times there are similarities of insects in both the new and old worlds, but not the same. I'll see what i can find out. I have never seen a colony of ants on the move, but i expect they are killing every thing en route to protect the queen. I did fall on a colony once and i put my hand (with glove on) into a potted Aloe plant that had a colony in there. Within seconds they were in the gloves and all up my arm biting. Now i am more careful:oops: :eek::)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This is the only ant lion I know of, but it's not a real ant; we have something similar here, which build the same type trap.

WRT colonies of ants that move and devastate everything in their path, I've seen that on various nature shows... See here:

Ask a Question