Recent Garden Pictures

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
His name is Tank! He's a mini pin mix. We have two other small dogs also. Ones a Chihuahua mix named Foster and the other is Link who is a Rat Terrier mix. Do you have any pets?

No pets for me sadly, apart from fish :) Hoping to get a dog one day though!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you so much! I love the yellow one as well :)
What kind of dogs do you have?
I have a Yorkshire Terrier. He is tiny, sweet and adorable, I love him with all my heart! He is quite naughty though, his favorite thing to do is digging holes in my garden and stealing apples:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
lol I absolutely love:D Nasturtiums! I've potted them in several different pots and I found they're kinda picky about space and soil. That huge plant I have with the palm tree has been the best hands down. Which is in a sandy soil and gets sun most of the day. If I put them in regular soil they just don't seem to thrive as much. I also water depending on the wetness of the soil and feed a mix of superthrive and miracle grow once a week. I hope maybe there's something there that could help you out :)

I blend a multipurpose potting soil with compost. I also regularly apply foliar sprays and give my plants epsom salt according what they need. I've put out more seeds, though it's kind of hot out for them. If they germinate and grow, I'll try feeding them more often.

Do you just grown them as ornamental or do you use them in food?

Reaction score
I blend a multipurpose potting soil with compost. I also regularly apply foliar sprays and give my plants epsom salt according what they need. I've put out more seeds, though it's kind of hot out for them. If they germinate and grow, I'll try feeding them more often.

Do you just grown them as ornamental or do you use them in food?
I felt like they grew better with more heat. But when they're still small they burn really easy in the sun and after that your golden. I haven't tried eating them. I know that people have been using it as a pepper substitute and also for it's high vitamin c for a long long time. They're just so pretty I haven't had the heart to cut anything off lol

Reaction score
I have a Yorkshire Terrier. He is tiny, sweet and adorable, I love him with all my heart! He is quite naughty though, his favorite thing to do is digging holes in my garden and stealing apples:p
Awe lol How old is he? When I first started my garden I had to actually fence off part of my porch because the dogs would use the new stinky soil as a place to sun bathe or they'd tear it up. I still catch Link nibbling at my strawberries from time to time.
249432_10200629677731990_43506383_n.jpg
you can see part of the fence where I had my plants. Left to right: Foster 4yo, Tank 5yo, Link 2yo

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Your dogs are so cute!:D Do they get along well?
My little Yorkie is 7 years old. He will turn 8 in October, but he still acts like a puppy, lol. He loves using new soil as a place to sunbathe too. My parents wanted to seed grass in a part of their garden, but he lies there all the time and digs and rolls, so the grass haven't started growing yet. I think they should fence that area off:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I felt like they grew better with more heat. But when they're still small they burn really easy in the sun and after that your golden. I haven't tried eating them. I know that people have been using it as a pepper substitute and also for it's high vitamin c for a long long time. They're just so pretty I haven't had the heart to cut anything off lol

You can also make pesto from the leaves. I started a thread a while back about it and people shared all the different things they'd heard of using it for. I think one of the most interesting edible uses is using the seeds as a replacement for capers. I'm not big on them, but a lot of people like them.

Reaction score
I have to comment on your garden of flowers; gorgeous is all I can say! I am so jealous of your green thumb that you have! You have something to be very proud of.

Reaction score
Your dogs are so cute!:D Do they get along well?
My little Yorkie is 7 years old. He will turn 8 in October, but he still acts like a puppy, lol. He loves using new soil as a place to sunbathe too. My parents wanted to seed grass in a part of their garden, but he lies there all the time and digs and rolls, so the grass haven't started growing yet. I think they should fence that area off:p
Awe! I love Yorkie's. They're adorable! My all act like brothers. Always someone to play with :)

Reaction score
His name is Tank! He's a mini pin mix. We have two other small dogs also. Ones a Chihuahua mix named Foster and the other is Link who is a Rat Terrier mix. Do you have any pets?

I have a Rat Terrier too named Stefano. Small dogs have very interesting personalities. It's like they try to make up for their small size by having big personalities and a lot of swagger and attitude.

Reaction score
Awe lol How old is he? When I first started my garden I had to actually fence off part of my porch because the dogs would use the new stinky soil as a place to sun bathe or they'd tear it up. I still catch Link nibbling at my strawberries from time to time.
249432_10200629677731990_43506383_n.jpg
you can see part of the fence where I had my plants. Left to right: Foster 4yo, Tank 5yo, Link 2yo
Is Link black and white? My Rat Terrier is black and white and he looks like him, but with more black spots on his back.

Reaction score
you have some absolutely beautiful flowers growing, and those strawberries look delicious!

Ask a Question