Raspberry's - black berries

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
what ever works - last year i tried MUSKADINES and they did great however i would like to try something else i live in PINEBLUFF NC - sure hope i can get suggestions - thanks

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I really like the thornless blackberries. The Ouachita is my fav and also have some Indian named ones that do well...Apache, Navajo, etc. The old standby around these parts is the Brazos berry...big berries, heavy producers, and aggressive spreading with lots of thorns.

I tried raspberries but didn't really like them that much.

I've grown muscadine grapes for many many years. They are practically maintenance free and heavy producers of great flavored grapes. Currently trying to grow the new RazMataz grape which has many of the properties of muscadine but also a table grape. Should get the first of those grapes this season.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I took a little time to clean out the blackberry plants
IMG_20190311_170634.jpg
IMG_20190312_181827.jpg

I think I will some timber edging to add to the loss protection of the compost and make it easier trim.

Ask a Question