Black Rose Seeds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello,

I want to try my hand at growing black roses, and am having a hard time finding a reputable dealer. Amazon, Etsy, and Ebay get very mixed reviews and they are sold from out of the USA leading me to believe they are not fresh seeds. Does anyone know of a online retailer or store in Washington State that would sell black rose seeds or cuttings?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Hello,

I want to try my hand at growing black roses, and am having a hard time finding a reputable dealer. Amazon, Etsy, and Ebay get very mixed reviews and they are sold from out of the USA leading me to believe they are not fresh seeds. Does anyone know of a online retailer or store in Washington State that would sell black rose seeds or cuttings?

Thank you!
Oh, wow. sorry, but I would not go with anyone of those places. There is a online place called Heirloom roses, look up this place. and Raising roses by seed will take a long time. I have over the years, 35+ years as a gardener started a few perennials from seed, they take 2-3 years to even be ready for the ground. for me, buying a rose outright as a plant would certainly be more efficient of my time and money.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh, wow. sorry, but I would not go with anyone of those places. There is a online place called Heirloom roses, look up this place. and Raising roses by seed will take a long time. I have over the years, 35+ years as a gardener started a few perennials from seed, they take 2-3 years to even be ready for the ground. for me, buying a rose outright as a plant would certainly be more efficient of my time and money.

Thank you for your reply.

I would love to get a cutting rather than seeds, but seeing as this is such a rare color I don't know what my chances are of that! I did't see any black roses on that site but I will send them an email to see if they would be able to special order them...

Ask a Question