Radish, lettuce, carrot sprouting (& other fall stuff)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Does anyone have a good recipe for pickles? I end up having so many cucumbers at the end of the summer and I hate for them to go to waste. I have no problem pureeing my tomatoes and freezing them but I need ideas for keeping my cucumbers through the fall and winter.

My friend recommended making pickles with them, this way I can enjoy them throughout the fall. Does anyone have any other ideas?
All you need is white vinegar, sugar, pickling salt, and pickling spice. The fun thing about pickles is the rest is up to you! (in terms of flavoring). I usually use a little bit of dill, garlic, onion, red pepper, and mustard seed to incorporate a zesty flavor to mine. I have a magazine, Better Homes & Gardens Canning Edition, and it has a ton of great pickle recipes. I'm not at home as of now, but I can definitely post the recipes a little later if you'd like!

Reaction score
All you need is white vinegar, sugar, pickling salt, and pickling spice. The fun thing about pickles is the rest is up to you! (in terms of flavoring). I usually use a little bit of dill, garlic, onion, red pepper, and mustard seed to incorporate a zesty flavor to mine. I have a magazine, Better Homes & Gardens Canning Edition, and it has a ton of great pickle recipes. I'm not at home as of now, but I can definitely post the recipes a little later if you'd like!
Exactly, that is also what I use to pickle cucumbers. I have been getting the magazines Fine Gardening and Country Gardens.

Ask a Question