Question on Posting Photos on this Website

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @roadrunner - you should be able to upload photos to the site directly, making it much easier than using a photosharing site. You can use the "upload a file" button underneath the text editor to attach photos :). Let me know if there are any problems!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just click on Upload a file, go to your computers pictures, find the one you want to upload, open it and thats all you have to do.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
007.JPG
Testing...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Thanks y'all, this will do until I find another website for storing photos, but actually I'm thinking of just storing them myself, for now at least.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What a beautiful bird, @roadrunner!! What is it? (You should put it in "Animals in your garden," so everyone can see it!! (y).)

After you upload your file, you should have a choice whether to make it a thumbnail or a full image. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
What a beautiful bird, @roadrunner!! What is it? (You should put it in "Animals in your garden," so everyone can see it!! (y).)

After you upload your file, you should have a choice whether to make it a thumbnail or a full image. :)
I just tested that and it worked, thanks, I was curious if I could make it a full image...

I believe it's a Northern Parula (from my investigation). I'm trying to ID all the birds that visit my yard to eat the berries, seeds and insects. The problem is that between the heavy foliage in my yard and the furious movement of these small birds, it's very difficult to get a good pic.

The picture of the Northern Parula was taken only 5-6 feet away from me while he was jumping all around my Meyer lemon tree eating insects off the underside of the leaves. He was not concerned with me in the least; I probalby took 20 shots, but that's the only decent picture.

Much easier to take pics of the larger birds, they don't move as much:LOL:

08-18-2017.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Beautiful photos @roadrunner:) I have never understood the value of having a photo storage site. It seems to me that those sites reap the benefits. I keep current photos readily available and older photos i move to flash drives. No 3rd parties required. No problems.(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You can upload several photos at the same time, by holding down, Control or shift key .. Control key when the photos are not next to each other. I might be wrong, but trials and errors ..

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What wonderful bird pictures. (y)

I post pictures on a number of forums and generally there is a limit on the file size so I use;

https://www.gimp.org/

This is a free trusted download I've used for years; I can easily adjust colour brightness and contrast but I also resize my pictures to 1040 x 780 which seems to suit all the forums I use.

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/166/ViewNX_2.html

When I use my DSLR camera I have to convert its file from NEF to JPG using "View NX 2".

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question