Purple Wandering Jew

Reaction score
Country
United States
One of my favorite plants is my wandering jew. I recently repotted it because it was getting too crowded for the pot it was in. I started this guy from a single cutting, I know these root like crazy and are super easy to propagate but I still feel really proud lol :)
20210805_093720.jpg

I trimmed it back after repotting it and sort of layered the cuttings into empty spaces, im hoping to achieve a super bushy affect!
20210908_184437.jpg

I love this plant. Purple is my favorite color and I recently started a deep purple cutting of this plant! I fell in love with the deep color right away but I am noticing as it is growing, it's not as purple? My question is..will it turn deep purple as it matures or do I need to stress the color out somehow?

20210908_185435.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very nice, this is Tradescantia zebrina, one of the most popular Wandering-jews. Another excellent one with richly purple leaves is T. pallida 'Purple Heart'. Tradescantia are in the Commelinaceae, the same family as Dayflowers (Commelina).

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently got a cutting of the purple heart as well! I didn't know that's what they were called though, thanks!

Ask a Question