Potato leaves starting to loose their nice green color

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Lebanon
Hello. A few days ago I noticed my potted potato, is starting to loose its nice green color and starting to have a yellowish/brownish
shade. What suddenly happened? Picture attached.
potato.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
How old are they and can you shoot a photo of the whole plant in the container?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Lebanon
How old are they and can you shoot a photo of the whole plant in the container?
I planted the potato (Maris ..something..) around the end of February here on the coast (weather like Los Angeles) in a pot, then when the plant was about a foot tall I added a second bottomless pot and added more soil. Picture shows it on the city balcony. Thanks
potted potato.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'd say it had just lived out it's life cycle. Wait for it to die off completely and harvest some potatoes! I planted around the same time and just harvested most of mine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Lebanon
Great. Its just that it started to fade virtually overnight: I left it over a 2 day weekend and came back to find it had lost its green gloss. OK, I'll give it some time and hope to find afterwards some potatoes to harvest. Thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry but the three most popular Maris varieties (Bard 1st Early, Peer 2nd Early, Piper Maincrop) all have life cycles longer than 9-10 weeks.
It is likely to be the case that there is a nutritional shortage in the plants, especially since they are pot-grown, since it is very easy with potatoes and their high water requirements, to flush out nutrients.
The ideal feed at this time, I'd say, would be comfrey or tomato feed and a little Epsom salts in the next watering.

Ask a Question