Are these sweet potatoes???

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good morning!
I have no clue what this can be, I just saw them in my backyard in an area where we spread grass seeds to grow some grass. I don’t know if this was there from the previous owners because they did have some pots there we moved. It could be just weeds but to me it looks like sweet potato leaves! Please help me identify :)

Attachments

• BECEC427-D4A0-493D-B3C7-9C18586EA9EC.jpeg
    BECEC427-D4A0-493D-B3C7-9C18586EA9EC.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 119
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
They look like Four O' clock plants. I got some accidentally, because I get mulch from around the neighborhood and some seeds were mixed in and I've had them ever since...years later -- they readily reseed themselves.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks so much everyone! I really don’t think they’re sweet potatoes because I dug one up lol. Whatever they are, I didn’t put them there and it’s an area we mow. But I sure was curious!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Taking a second look, I'm nearly 100% sure they are Four O' clock plants. Nice smelling flower that blooms in the evening to attract nocturnal pollinators. The seeds don't blow around readily, since they're relatively large, but the plant easily reseeds itself.

Ask a Question