Possible cooking/recipe forum?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Since we are gardeners, most of us are also cooks. Perhaps sharing recipes and ideas would be enjoyable to the members. Ah, the thrill of finding a new recipe for zucchini!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Nice. I happened to find a thread here that someone stated titled What are you cooking tonight ? ( or close to that statement) seems it did not take off. I love making zucchini fritters with mine. And I have an awesome Zucchini bread recipe I use. And experimented with the bread recipe, it lasts a year frozen with no side effects what so ever. Usually I make up to 6 loafs when I do.

I actually thought fritters could be frozen easy also, stacked with wax paper between, and in a good freezer bag. Steamed up slowly to thaw.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Recipe threads sound like a great idea.

I recall that there are a number of recipes for zucchini cakes. Something along the same line as carrot cake.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
As I was making the zucchini fritters the other day, and your squeezing the juice out of the pulp. I was thinking what a waste the liquid down the drain. Next time I am saving it to toss later into something.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know someone on here who would turn Courgettes into slurry (Zuchini) to you US folk. We like it raw, sliced on salad .....oh yes we DO @zigs - when I don't fancy cooking
1629056824183.png

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I like the idea of a recipe forum, but maybe we start with a thread on it and then if it's popular we go from there?

If you want to get a thread started on it @marlingardener, that would be great :D.

Funnily enough, I was given 3 GIANT courgettes the other day so could do with these recipes myself :LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I am so sorry I started this. Obviously it irritates Knapicius; I mentioned zucchini as a joke and it took off; and frankly, I think I made a big mistake by asking if we could have a recipe/cooking forum. Perhaps we should just let this idea die.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Wow. Not sure how you got I was irritated. Its just much easier if you have one "Cooking/Recipe" thread devoted to that, so folks have one to view collectively. And I don't get how either one is a "joke". did not find it funny in the least, did not find any emotional connection to either one, funny, sad or any other emotion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So maybe we should eliminate one then..... shall we delete yours Knapicius :confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Wow. I'm surprised at the animosity. I guess I found out why we don't have a recipe section.

It does seem odd that there's so much discussion about growing food but not much about what to do with it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Wow. I'm surprised at the animosity. I guess I found out why we don't have a recipe section.

It does seem odd that there's so much discussion about growing food but not much about what to do with it.
I get it, re-read the whole thread again, still don't get why "someone " flew off the handle like that. whatever.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Last summer were dark days for the Forums. I was new then and found it particularly hard. Certain people decided to depart and things are better now.

Ask a Question