Possible cooking/recipe forum?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I am already on several cooking forums for many years. And I get an awesome Foodie magazine. So I am so good to go with recipes. Even stopped buying cookbooks years ago, have plenty. So if a cooking tread flies, or does not fly pays me no mind either way. Been cooking for 56 years, not too much I can't make. Its hard when we go to restaurants to pick something new that I can't figure out how its made. Like trying new stuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Each year we seem to have one crop that really produces, tomatoes last year, beans the year before etc. So we try to find different ways to store and consume product.

What do you do with say 300 pounds of green beans?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Each year we seem to have one crop that really produces, tomatoes last year, beans the year before etc. So we try to find different ways to store and consume product.

What do you do with say 300 pounds of green beans?
blanch and freeze or give some away to friends. or plant less.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Basically what we did.
I am not the type of cook that likes to muck up good veggies with sauces etc. Nice good nutrition green beans are awesome by themselves. That thing they do at Thanksgiving with the mushroom sauce just turns my stomach. To each its own. BTW, they are a nice addition, chopped up in some homemade soup.

Just ran across an interesting process with bacon I am going to do. Take raw bacon strips, freeze them flat, then put them in a food processor till they crumble, says 18 pulses. Then mix the raw crumbles in meatballs, or meatloaf etc. Neat idea I think.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We'll be planting beans again this year, only have about 20 pounds left from 2 years ago.

I'm not deliberately planting tomatoes, just whatever pops up this year. I expect nearly 50 plants and I'll have to kill some off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We'll be planting beans again this year, only have about 20 pounds left from 2 years ago.

I'm not deliberately planting tomatoes, just whatever pops up this year. I expect nearly 50 plants and I'll have to kill some off.
my dad did that, with the compost pile, what ever tomato plants survived on the compost pile he would plant the following year, In Ohio also where temp as you know gets really cold. It was Macedonia, Ohio.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why da hurdy gurdy gurdy bork bork borks is there not a cooking/preserving garden food thread?? 😂
Swedish Chef_1.jpg

Would be awesome though.. share ideas on cooking, preserving, pickling ideas for stuff we grow.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The excitement of stumbling upon a fresh recipe that gives those green beauties a whole new flavor journey is pure culinary bliss

Ask a Question