Pomegranate tree turning yellow end of September...help!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello

Our tree is about 5 years old. It has been the best performer in our small garden. We noticed the leaves were turning yellow about beginning of September. I tried to look for bugs but couldn't see any. I have reduced the water but its still shedding leaves. The only thing I notice is the presence of some spider webs on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Spider webs wouldn't be problem. Your comment about reducing water suggest you thought it was being overwatered, which might be true, but under-watering could also cause a Pomegranate (Punica granatum) tree to drop its leaves early. Also, it's not that early, maybe a month earlier than mine starts going yellow.
After five year, the tree may be drawing water from a deeper source, which could be dry due to drought conditions.
This is just speculation at this point. Dig a small exploratory hole near the dripline of the tree and see how the subsurface soil looks, though this may only rule out overwatering. If possible, please post some pics of the tree and soil.

Last edited:

Ask a Question