Pomegranate Bush

Reaction score
Country
United States
So this Bush is old it was transplanted in 1977 to the north side of my home. Now I have to dig it up. The Bush was planted too close in front of a basement window that now needs to be replaced. The Bush hasn't bared fruit for a long time. I want to save it but should I try to split it so I have more than one to pollinate or just move whole and relocate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So this Bush is old it was transplanted in 1977 to the north side of my home. Now I have to dig it up. The Bush was planted too close in front of a basement window that now needs to be replaced. The Bush hasn't bared fruit for a long time. I want to save it but should I try to split it so I have more than one to pollinate or just move whole and relocate.
It is doubtful you will be successful in moving this bush without a lot of work and even then still doubtful. Moving a tree/bush of this age involves root pruning and this should have been done last fall and if you want to move it this coming fall you should root prune now. You do this to limit transplant shock. If you just dig up the tree now and move it, it will probably die. And no, you cannot just split the roots in half and have two bushes.

Ask a Question