Pomegranate tree flowering!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
OMG!! I just randomly checked my pomegranate tree, and for the first time in history it flowered...there's 2 on it! I only started gardening this year but we had the tree for much longer and I tried rejuvenating it in the beginning of the year!

Now, here's the "issue" the pollination here sucks. All the bee's are dying. The only way I can get fruits is by pollinating it myself...but the flowers are WAAY up high. I don't think it worth climbing a latter to reach it. Will it flower lower too, or only up high? Should I trim the height?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
CC, do you have wasps or butterflies? They are pollinators, too. If there is nectar or pollen, someone will find it.
If your pomegranate has begun to flower, wait and see of you get more flowers (very likely). Don't trim the height since the tree is recovering due to your successful rejuvenating efforts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Weirdly enough, as I found the flowers, I saw a butterfly flying. It was right next to the tree. We don't have wasps though.

I won't cut the tree then. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Also, various types of beetles are pollinators and are the largest group of pollinators. So of all the pollinators, you have a good chance that something is going to do some pollinating for you and your pom:) I hope so...

Ask a Question