Pointsetta

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
My red Pointsettia will be three years old this Christmas, I am due to repot it, I would appreciate any advice as to how to prune the plant as I do not want to loose it and hopefully be full of flowers this Christmas

Attachments

• IMG_20220824_191137.jpg
    IMG_20220824_191137.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That is a nice, healthy looking plant, be careful pruning it, it is in the euphorbia family, and has toxic sap.
If you Google 'poinsettia plant' there are a bunch of YouTube videos about care. The flowers are fairly insignificant, it is the bracts behind them, actually leaves, which display the red colour. I seem to remember that nurseries adjust the light to get that effect, but I am not sure.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. I have read it has to be placed in a black bag in a dark cupboard from October onwards. I have looked on you tube but not very hel pful, I have taken a cutting fingers crossed it will start to grow. I will take another look on yiubtube.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Don't put it in a bag the entire time. It would need 8 hours of darkness out of every 24 hour day. If you leave it in the bag it will die from lack of light. A closet works too as long as you don't open the door during that time. Even a minute will throw it off.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Don't put it in a bag the entire time. It would need 8 hours of darkness out of every 24 hour day. If you leave it in the bag it will die from lack of light. A closet works too as long as you don't open the door during that time. Even a minute will throw it off.
Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasia

Latest Threads