Pls tell me if this is anthracose rot or not

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hello,

I spotted anthracose rot on bluberries in supermarket in past, i live in country worst on food from EU... It was 3d triangles on surface of blueberries, even mildew under, white spots! Now i have these which have some orange gunk only inside crown, it could be perhaps from stem, but not all blueberries have these things there! I need to resolve this. It is hard to google!

Thank you for help!

Attachments

• IMG_20230421_105311972.jpg
    IMG_20230421_105311972.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
You have a lot posts you seem to know what you are talking about, I like to be sure tho, I don't want eat anthracose rot!!! You said "appears", how can I know for sure?

Are there some agencies which communicate consumers for blueberries i can contact?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1682186418596.png
1682186453811.png
1682186502519.png

This is anthracnose disease.
Find a grower in your country to ask, or wait to see if yours become like these above.

None of us profess to be experts, we just say what we think and try to help in a friendly way. @Dirt Mechanic's post was simply his opinion.

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
I cant even find agency with chatgpt to ask, oh local grower can try! And i will test this next time! Thanks i have chronic pain, you don't know how much this means to me, usually ppl are stupid and can't answer even simple questions...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I've had anthracnose on my strawberries before and it looks nothing like your picture. Anthracnose will be visible on the outside not hidden inside.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1682199852732.png
Have a look here @empleat. I found this picture of lovely perfectly healthy blueberries, and I think yours look just the same. I really don't think there is any problem with those you have - and they are good for you :) I think that Dirt Mechanic was right.

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Okay, this seems reassuring, thank you! Still i like to have definite proof, but it is ok probably! But yeah if these are normal blueberies, it must be ok! Yeah it was on outside in some cases but also inside crown that got me confused, but it was from stem probably yeah! Thanks for clerining that up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really glad it helped a little bit. I don't blame you for being careful, especially as you have had trouble before. If you get worried again, I'm sure that we will be around, and one of us will be able to try to help :)

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Wow why you so nice all of the sudden past 7 i had only negative experiences, change yourself change your world: really works, it is insane! And i didn't even change the way i talk to ! It is insane try it! Law of reversed effort, law of attraction etc. It has something to it, goethe had quote about it: damn it is so frustrating not be able to find quotes, i am philosopher.

Since you so nice: check audiobook is better: David Goggins CAn't Hurt Me, it is hard to listen (warning) but it will change your whole life!!! You will be grateful!

Ask a Question