Plants in my kitchen

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
DeborahJane, Zigs, thank you!:)
Esther Knapicius - most houses here were built before World War II by Germans. I absolutely love this kind of architecture:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm curious. Those wild strawberries you are growing. Did you buy them or gather them from outside nearby?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! Today, I took a few pictures of plants that grow in my kitchen and now I want to share them with you:)

This is a windowsill in my kitchen:

View attachment 9828

Those are my herbs, oregano, mint and basil:

View attachment 9829

Here you can see two lavender plants, a lemon verbena and an orchid:):

View attachment 9830

A close up of my orchid:

View attachment 9831

And those are my wild strawberries:

View attachment 9833
I love all my plants very much:love:

I'm so jealous right now. All your plant babies look so happy and healthy. I wish my thumb was as green as yours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Esther Knapicius - I've always lived in large, old houses. They make me happy:)
Java Guy - I bought them:) I live in a big city, so there are no free wild strawberry plants here.
Ashanti Duggins - thank you so much! I'm sure your plants look very healthy too:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Your plants and herbs look very healthy and happy in your kitchen. I would love to grow herbs in my kitchen, but unfortunately my kitchen window doesn't get the sunlight they would need. I might try growing herbs in my office because it gets more sunlight.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you!:)
I'm sure herbs will look lovely in your office, growing them there sounds like a great idea. I'm thinking about growing herbs in my living room:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you!:)
I'm sure herbs will look lovely in your office, growing them there sounds like a great idea. I'm thinking about growing herbs in my living room:)
Thank you! I agree that they will look fine. I don't know why people just assume that herbs need to be grown in a kitchen.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you! I agree that they will look fine. I don't know why people just assume that herbs need to be grown in a kitchen.
I don't understand it either. Herbs are so pretty! When I was living in my previous apartment, I used to grow lavender in the living room. It smelled wonderful:)

Ask a Question