Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I cheated.
A-ha!! :cautious:

The plot thickens!! :ROFLMAO:

I will say, if anyone wants to go for "Most flowers," then plant a couple from out of a bird feeder! Wow! One of the volunteers I had last year had 14 flowers on it, and when they stopped blooming, :eek: the plant tried to throw out 5 or 6 more. Makes sense that the seed growers would want more flowers, more seed = more money! ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
The most gay?
IMG_1072.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've found that sunflowers are one of the easiest plants to plant, I don't even bother digging a hole any more; I just cast the seeds into my garden.

I grow them every year (various varieties), but this year I'm growing Mexican Sunflowers for the first time.

This is just one Mexican sunflower. Photo taken last year. I love em.

DSC_0197_zpsd6r3cpdm.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Is the sunflower competition a yearly thing?
Don't know but it should be. Being as how they are really simple to grow there could be a lot of different categories. Tallest, most flowers, largest flower etc. Give even beginner gardeners a good chance of winning.
The last two years I've been here anyway.
I agree more categories would be fun! @Becky ?

Yep, there will be another sunflower competition this year (y) If it continues to be popular then it will indeed be an annual thing. More categories is a great idea too, and I love the idea of having 'most charismatic sunflower' :LOL:

There will be special prizes this year, and we're just waiting for them to be delivered - watch this space...! :D

Ask a Question