Plant identification please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for accepting me.

Does anyone know what kind of houseplant this is please.

Attachments

• 20210303_095454.jpg
    20210303_095454.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 61
Reaction score
Country
France
The app I use is PictureThis.
Picture this like so many I have looked at are for iphones and ipads... I have not got one..:cry:..seems to be just plants..If is does do trees I have an old tree that we have to cut back once or twice each year because there are over head electricity cables too near it.....We have a helicopter that flies over each summer, any garden that is at fault with their trees gets offered a tree surgeon to prune it, any branches stay where they fall we have always done our own to spread the clearing up....Luckily they are the only wires now that are near just the one tree. as two long lines have been re-directed elsewhere for new safety laws...Here is the tree...
002.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG

Probably better when the leaves are there....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
App says Wych elm, bark looks right but with no leaves its hard to be sure. I don't use iphone, have an LG android. got the app thru google Play Store.

Reaction score
Country
France
App says Wych elm, bark looks right but with no leaves its hard to be sure. I don't use iphone, have an LG android. got the app thru google Play Store.
Yes..I went to itunes as have an ipod, so already registered and that is where I saw it was for iphones or ipad. Thanks for your Wych Elm will check that out very soon. Your on my ask @Mrsclem now for unknown plants..:sneaky:;)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is highly unlikely to be a Wych elm. A good majority - at least 90 per cent were wiped out with Dutch elm disease. The disease was widespread in the near continent, and decimated most of our elm trees in Great Britain.
The European white elm however ''Ulmus laevis'' has a resistance to Dutch elm disease.

Reaction score
Country
France
It is highly unlikely to be a Wych elm. A good majority - at least 90 per cent were wiped out with Dutch elm disease. The disease was widespread in the near continent, and decimated most of our elm trees in Great Britain.
The European white elm however ''Ulmus laevis'' has a resistance to Dutch elm disease.
Thanks, this tree is in SW France and once the leaves are there again i.d. should be easier....The tree was there well before the electricity cables and cannot grow as it should because to them...We have left it to grow one year, just trimmed out the wire touching area and our fairly new Marie, not so nice...reported that it had to be pruned throughout...not just the middle..bugs:censored:...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You will have to explain to the lady mayor about the guillotine :punch:
Do they not bother with tree preservation orders there in French France? If you could slap one of those on it you might save the tree.
If you have to keep pollarding it like that it will just keep growing like stink, and will need doing every 5 minutes - a right pain, and the shape of the tree is just silly.
Is there any sign of new growth from the base?

Reaction score
Country
France
You will have to explain to the lady mayor about the guillotine :punch:
Do they not bother with tree preservation orders there in French France? If you could slap one of those on it you might save the tree.
If you have to keep pollarding it like that it will just keep growing like stink, and will need doing every 5 minutes - a right pain, and the shape of the tree is just silly.
Is there any sign of new growth from the base?
Males mares....haha....Sadly 1st he was not elected our lovely Marie, he sadly commited suicide so nobody wanted the job..the staff walked out even the Under Marie who is a good/friend neighbour of ours he walked as well..and trust him when he says what he thinks of the new' gang'. not a good answer.... nobody would stand for the elections of a new Marie and he came along as a stand in and progressed to taking the appointment, with, as we call them his 'merry men'..well if there is tree preservation I am not aware of any..will enquire....the roots are like this..now the 2nd Photo..it is the place that I am working on at the moment, there was some huge rocks there already that we
could not move..so a rockery seem to be the answer..look closely and you will see the weeds growing already...
007.JPG
005.JPG

Save the Tree if we could stop having to trim it, yes agree of course, but the electricity power lines would be the winner every time...

Last edited:

Ask a Question