Plant ID: Cant remember this being here last year!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I inherited a fantastic garden this time last year and can identify most of what’s growing with the exception of this, which I can’t remember being here. My first thought was that it was a form of brunnera, although it’s growing like mad in full sun and has not flowered (nor is it looking like flowering anytime soon).

It seems rhizomatous and appears to be growing along a snakelike line underground. I’m close to pulling it up but am hesitant in case it is something nice. Equally, I’m concerned it’s something invasive. At one point I wondered whether a potato had somehow got in there!

Any help verifying what it is would be much appreciated so I can deal with it or otherwise.

Thank you
Steve
9B0A3610-7E1D-4AFB-B166-D2E13C9D41AA.jpeg
4CAC1D54-27BF-4111-98E1-25BBA6B5F5F9.jpeg
31C25028-5A31-445F-89E2-CB7032053BDC.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Comfrey was something else I thought it might be, actually! I just can’t remember it being there last year at all, although I have cut quite a lot back in the past year due to the garden having missed a pruning season during the house move. I’ll keep an eye on it I guess…

Thanks Owdboggy!

Ask a Question