Pickled vegetables

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone make pickled vegetables? My aunt makes the best pickled eggplant. She makes it at the end of the season with all her left over eggplant. It is so good on toasted bread.
I've tried making pickled green tomatoes and they are pretty good. I hate wasted my vegetables especially when I have a few green tomatoes that don't turn red so I either pickle them or fry them.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I make them and they are delicious! It is not for everyones taste buds but it is nice and fun to make. I love doing artichokes, brinjals and peppers and I have also tried others which didn't come out as good

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have only pickled cucumbers! The idea of pickling eggplant is wonderful. I should look online for an easy recipe! Do you have your aunt recipe that you can share?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve never tried peppers. I am interested to try these because I grow a few different types of peppers. Unfortunately my green bell peppers never develop a full taste so I wonder if they will be good for pickling. Does anyone know if there are other ways to preserve peppers?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I absolutely love pickled cucumbers. They're so, so delicious! My mom used to make them. Now, I want to make them too, but I don't know how. Everything kitchen-related scares me, haha;)
Pickled cucumbers taste the best with baked potatoes:love:

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've never tried pickling or eating eggplants, but I guess generally I just don't like taste. Cucumbers are one of my favorites too and they go very nicely with anything or just all on their own. I've tried a pickle mix before at a restaurant and came so close to getting it right when I tried at home. It had sliced and diced hot peppers (any type), carrots, onion rings, all mixed in with salt and vinegar. Of course some thinly sliced cucumber could be added too. It's really good to have some on fried fish or chicken. It can also last for weeks in a jar tucked away in your fridge or cupboard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4-5
Country
United States
I absolutely love pickled cucumbers. They're so, so delicious! My mom used to make them. Now, I want to make them too, but I don't know how. Everything kitchen-related scares me, haha;)
Pickled cucumbers taste the best with baked potatoes:love:
I have been making Claussen-Like Refrigerator Pickles for the past two years. They are delicious and keep for a very long time in my refrigerator. I grow pickling cucumbers to use for this recipe. This recipe is low in salt, for those of us who want or need to control sodium. I make the pickles in large spears. http://www.food.com/recipe/claussen-like-refrigerator-pickles-264500

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like pickled beets and pickles. I have never heard of pickled eggsplants, I do believe that would be a good way to use vegetables that have not ripened.

Ask a Question