Pharmaceutical Companies

Reaction score
If only everybody knew about these simple common herbs that we grow ourselves in our own backyards. Sometimes, we go to the doctor for simple symptoms like a sore throat, bad cold or ear infection. What really really makes me sad? Most of these doctors know of simple remedies that can help but instead they want to prescribe you with prescription drugs. We are brain washed and was taught that these prescription drugs are made to make us get well.

In most cases some medications make you become more ill. Of course, the doctor is going to prescribe you with more prescription drugs. When you know it, you end up with other symptoms and then the doctor subscribes with something else again. We need to open our eyes because they're killing us everyday. All these pharmaceutical companies out there is a money making business.

Common herbs that we grow ourselves can make a big difference!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well said! I recently took my son to the doctor for a cough and was shocked when he told me to give him honey at night instead of offering a prescription for some drug! I thanked him and will deffinately take my kids to him again when they get sick.

Reaction score
True. I'm taking meds that have some really dangerous side effects... doing it until I find a good acupuncturist. I do think that going to the doctor to treat something like a ear infection is good tho, since not treating something like that on time can lead to some really nasty compilations. But I think some people are exaggerating with the meds and doctor visits, there are times when home remedies should be used! If only modern medicine had more faith in herbs and remedies... but it's all about money now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I believe in medicine and I trust doctors. Drinking mint tea can help you for an upset stomach and lemon balm tea can relieve cramps, but the truth is that real medications always work better and faster. If you are seriously ill, going to a doctor is the only solution.

Reaction score
Well said! I recently took my son to the doctor for a cough and was shocked when he told me to give him honey at night instead of offering a prescription for some drug! I thanked him and will deffinately take my kids to him again when they get sick.

Hi, Rosyrain.

They're some good doctors out there who will help you and tell you the truth. Most of them, rather prescribe you with the drugs instead so you can keep on coming back. More money in their pockets! Honey, lemon, garlic, and vinegar soaked in water is very good for coughing. You can give your son a spoon full three times a day.

Reaction score
I believe in medicine and I trust doctors. Drinking mint tea can help you for an upset stomach and lemon balm tea can relieve cramps, but the truth is that real medications always work better and faster. If you are seriously ill, going to a doctor is the only solution.

Hi, Claudine.

I totally agree with you. Yes, the prescription drugs works faster. Why? Because of all the chemicals and drugs that is added. That's why so many people become addicted to these prescription drugs and end up becoming a drug addict. Personally, if I have to take medication I will but it depends on how seriously ill I am.

Trust me, there's so many common herbs out there that will help you. Some of them will work fast and some will take time, but it's worth it.

Last edited:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The medications we take today started with the herbs that we grow in our gardens. The researchers looked at the benefits of the herbs and combined the science to duplicate the herb and make the medicine. The problem is the germs have gotten stronger and resistant to the medication so the medication has gotten stronger and more dangerous.

It is refreshing to run into a doctor that tells you to use something you all ready have at home to help with a problem. Something simple like molasses in a cup of warm water will relieve constipation.

Reaction score
True. I'm taking meds that have some really dangerous side effects... doing it until I find a good acupuncturist. I do think that going to the doctor to treat something like a ear infection is good tho, since not treating something like that on time can lead to some really nasty compilations. But I think some people are exaggerating with the meds and doctor visits, there are times when home remedies should be used! If only modern medicine had more faith in herbs and remedies... but it's all about money now.

Hello, Trellum.

Nothing is wrong with going to the doctor for visits because you can be really ill and don't know. But for a simple ear infection there's natural home remedies that will do the trick. When my sister had her first child he had an ear infection and she wanted to rush him to the doctor. My grandmother took some Cinnamon, Castro Oil and rubbed it on the side of his ears. It worked very fast because my sister still took him to the doctor to make sure and there was no signs of an ear infection.

Reaction score
The medications we take today started with the herbs that we grow in our gardens. The researchers looked at the benefits of the herbs and combined the science to duplicate the herb and make the medicine. The problem is the germs have gotten stronger and resistant to the medication so the medication has gotten stronger and more dangerous.

It is refreshing to run into a doctor that tells you to use something you all ready have at home to help with a problem. Something simple like molasses in a cup of warm water will relieve constipation.

Well said Pat - I have to say I entirely agree - in that without the the combination of both modern day science and technology mixed together with all the herbs and plant life that we have growing in our gardens - many peoples lives would not have been improved and many people with incurable and devastating diseases would either be no longer alive or suffering unnecessarily.

I do however have to add that although I do strongly disagree with doctors prescribing drugs unnecessarily - as well as the practice of wasting the doctors time by visiting unnecessarily for things that can very easily be treated at home - there are times when there really is no other alternative than to take the medication prescribed and have to say - that it is not totally the fault of the doctor that they tend to prescribe drugs rather than natural remedies - as its mainly down to ignorance on their part - due to the fact that their training doesn't equip them to treat patients with natural remedies - although I think that is now beginning to change somewhat.

I would also add - that although herbs are a natural alternative - it doesn't necessarily mean that just because they are natural that they should be regarded as safe or without side effects - particularly as many herbs have drug like effects - which means that they too have unpleasant side effects - some of which can sometimes be dangerously severe - as well as have interactions with prescribed medications.

Which is why it is always advisable to check with a Pharmacist or Medical Practitioner prior to using herbal or natural remedies and particularly so if you have recently taken or are taking prescribed medication - as it may mean that the dosage of the prescribed medication needs to be adjusted either up or down in order not to effect the drugs efficacy - as well as avoiding the possibility of an adverse reaction.

Ask a Question