Pest control for red banana tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a red banana tree in my backyard. It was very healthy and strong until recently. It becomes withering and root seems to be rot in one side. I see a lot of small white worms in the stems. I guess it should be the pest. Can someone give advice on how to control this pest?

Thanks
2n6i5k.jpg

2hr06rk.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
A closeup picture of the white things would be of great help. They could be worms or they could be maggots. If they are maggots your tree is probably close to being dead. I would cut the entire tree down to soil level. If they are banana worms the regrowth should be ok. If they are root maggots the root system is probably just about dead.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
A closeup picture of the white things would be of great help. They could be worms or they could be maggots.
I clicked the photo to enlarge the image, and the "worms" have legs and antennae, if that changes anything. :) ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
What is the proper treatment? Is the plant a lost case or is there still hope?

The person who asked the question might have dug it out and flooded the area with water hose.
Its a banana plant, almost impossible to kill, an invasive species ;)that love water, flooding is the best solution I guess!

Btw its an old post, WilliamZhang might have taken care of it.(n)

Ask a Question