Safe All Purpose Pest Control

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I am having problems with something eating my bean and squash leaves. I have looked and looked and have yet to fins or see anything. So I was wondering if there is something that is safe and works on most leaf eating pests.

This is what my plants are turning into

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_8279.jpg
    DSC_8279.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am having problems with something eating my bean and squash leaves. I have looked and looked and have yet to fins or see anything. So I was wondering if there is something that is safe and works on most leaf eating pests.

This is what my plants are turning into

Thanks
I am having a similar problem with my pepper plants and tomatillos. During the day light there is nothing visible as to what is causing this. Your plants look just like mine do. Night before last when it was completely dark, about 1:30 AM I went out to the garden with a flashlight. Guess what I saw! A multitude of little beetles. Some were red and black, some were the basic cucumber type beetles and there were others that I haven't seen before. They were on mostly the tomatillos and peppers but they were on everything to some extent except my tomatoes. Yesterday morning I sprayed with 2 oz Spinosad + 1 oz molasses per gallon of water. Last night there wasn't a bug to be found

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I am having a similar problem with my pepper plants and tomatillos. During the day light there is nothing visible as to what is causing this. Your plants look just like mine do. Night before last when it was completely dark, about 1:30 AM I went out to the garden with a flashlight. Guess what I saw! A multitude of little beetles. Some were red and black, some were the basic cucumber type beetles and there were others that I haven't seen before. They were on mostly the tomatillos and peppers but they were on everything to some extent except my tomatoes. Yesterday morning I sprayed with 2 oz Spinosad + 1 oz molasses per gallon of water. Last night there wasn't a bug to be found

I have never heard of spinosad can i ask where you picked it up from. And I am guessing the molasses is just regular molasses

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never heard of spinosad can i ask where you picked it up from. And I am guessing the molasses is just regular molasses
Spinosad is an organic all around insecticide that is made from a particular soil bacteria. It is completely harmless to people and pets. In fact there is a flea control for dogs that is taken orally. There are many brand names that have spinosad as the active ingredient. The molasses is just plain ol' molasses although if you buy it at the nursery it is cheaper than at the grocery store. What the molasses does is stimulate the growth of the bacteria in the spinosad and makes it work better

Ask a Question