Pepper ID

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I started from seed what is supposed to be poblano peppers, which I've never grown before. The peppers are forming now but they look like little yellow banana peppers, about 1/2 length of what a banana pepper should look like at this point. I'm thinking these aren't poblano peppers. What are they?

20220630_155444.jpg20220630_155452.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Too early to tell for sure but they look like Sweet Hungarian Wax peppers at this stage. Pablano peppers start off dark green and end up dark red or brown.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Poopy. Well I guess I have the opportunity to try something else. At least I have time to start some more if I can find another packet of seeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Poopy. Well I guess I have the opportunity to try something else. At least I have time to start some more if I can find another packet of seeds.
Ever try Seeds N Such? They have a good selection of seeds and ship fast.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ever try Seeds N Such? They have a good selection of seeds and ship fast.
No, but thanks for the suggestion. I usually just get mine at Lowes or Walmart (Ferry Morse or Burpee). I save my own seed from a few things but not peppers since I like to grow a few types every year.

I am noticing that some varieties (mainly heirlooms) of seeds just don't packaged by them as the years go by, so it's nice to have another option.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No, but thanks for the suggestion. I usually just get mine at Lowes or Walmart (Ferry Morse or Burpee). I save my own seed from a few things but not peppers since I like to grow a few types every year.

I am noticing that some varieties (mainly heirlooms) of seeds just don't packaged by them as the years go by, so it's nice to have another option.
If you're interested in heirloom seeds check out rareseeds.com

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I tried one and they aren't sweet peppers. They are hotter than jalepeno and cayenne peppers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I tried one and they aren't sweet peppers. They are hotter than jalepeno and cayenne peppers.

Ask a Question