Peaches in wine

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
My friend was in Italy on a holiday and on her return she talked about the peaches she had tasted which were soaked in wine. And that happened to be one of the 'things to do' for me when I visited Italy. I did visit Italy but sadly never got to experience this. I love peaches as they are and they must be tasting great when soaked in wine.

I found this recipe on the net

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014885-peaches-in-red-wine

peaches in wine.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I've never had extra money or opportunity (free) to go to Italy :)
Here in the south east U.S. in high school party's,we had PJ,a drink made in a new trash can,where you take canned fruits and dump in,then 3 bottles of 190 proof everclear(corn liquor) and fill with Hawaiian punch(fruit juice)
Boy howdie you talk about some good fruits ;)
Ya really couldn't taste the fruits :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I've never had extra money or opportunity (free) to go to Italy :)
Here in the south east U.S. in high school party's,we had PJ,a drink made in a new trash can,where you take canned fruits and dump in,then 3 bottles of 190 proof everclear(corn liquor) and fill with Hawaiian punch(fruit juice)
Boy howdie you talk about some good fruits ;)
Ya really couldn't taste the fruits :)

I love to travel and have seen a bit of the world.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I love Italy and I love peaches but honestly prefer any fruit just like it is. I am not a fan of wine soaked fruit and I don't even like Sangria. For many Sangria is popular and most of the Europeans love it

Reaction score
Gosh, that picture looks great! I have never tried peaches soaked in wine, but it sounds like such a wonderful and tasty treat! Thanks for the recipe, I might try it later on. If you try it before I do, please let us know how it goes :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Gosh, that picture looks great! I have never tried peaches soaked in wine, but it sounds like such a wonderful and tasty treat! Thanks for the recipe, I might try it later on. If you try it before I do, please let us know how it goes :)

We do not get peaches here, unfortunately :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds like a super delicious treat!:love: I'll try to make it. I love peaches in syrup, I'm sure I'll love them soaked in wine too. Thank you for sharing the recipe:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
This sounds like a super delicious treat!:love: I'll try to make it. I love peaches in syrup, I'm sure I'll love them soaked in wine too. Thank you for sharing the recipe:)

Italians know what to do with their wines :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like my fruit and I like my wine and I like sangria I can take them together or alone it will still taste good to me. That picture makes me want to go get some berries and wine for a later day.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I like my fruit and I like my wine and I like sangria I can take them together or alone it will still taste good to me. That picture makes me want to go get some berries and wine for a later day.
Go for it (lol)

Reaction score
We do not get peaches here, unfortunately :(

Wow really? You mean in your garden or India in general? I thought you guys could grow all sorts of wonderful fruits and veggies. Or were you referring to not being able to get them so easily over there for some reason? Only in the city?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Wow really? You mean in your garden or India in general? I thought you guys could grow all sorts of wonderful fruits and veggies. Or were you referring to not being able to get them so easily over there for some reason? Only in the city?

They do grow in India where the climate is cooler.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Italians know what to do with their wines :)
They definitely do!:D
Do you think I can use canned peaches instead of fresh ones? There are no fresh peaches in the store in my area, I wanted to buy them today, but didn't find any:(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
They definitely do!:D
Do you think I can use canned peaches instead of fresh ones? There are no fresh peaches in the store in my area, I wanted to buy them today, but didn't find any:(

Tinned apricots have sugar in it and so I was wondering if it will be the same. You can try and see.

Ask a Question