Peach face lovebird

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Her name is Red and she is very entertaining at times but can be a real pain if she doesn't get her way. she love to hang out in the winter growing room or spending hours siting on my lap.

RED in jungle 003.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow @DeborahJane that must have been pretty cool! I'm so glad you were able to take photos to show us :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
What a nice treat @DeborahJane after all that hard work to be greeted by these friendly birds.

@Fernsdaddy and @CrazyConure, my dad was a manly man...he flew airplanes, he sailed the 7 seas, he fished, on vacations he was usually on hand to save someone's life who had been caught in an undertow, he did beautiful swan dives off the really high diving board. The only time i ever saw him cry was when our pet parakeet died. The parakeet used to sit on the frames of his glasses when he was reading the newspaper.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
What a nice treat @DeborahJane after all that hard work to be greeted by these friendly birds.

@Fernsdaddy and @CrazyConure, my dad was a manly man...he flew airplanes, he sailed the 7 seas, he fished, on vacations he was usually on hand to save someone's life who had been caught in an undertow, he did beautiful swan dives off the really high diving board. The only time i ever saw him cry was when our pet parakeet died. The parakeet used to sit on the frames of his glasses when he was reading the newspaper.

Lovely story Beverly. Your dad obviously loved your parakeet. My friends has a little pet bird and they just adore her. She does have a very distinct personality and climbs all over them. Sounds a bit like your lovely tame one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Fernsdaddy, lovely bird, she does seem to have a mischievous look about her and also aware, it would not occur to me that she also has a potty mouth. I wonder where she got that from?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
How does she get along with the dog? It is a chihuahua?...so cute. She will need some sweaters living in New England.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
She could care less about the dog, its like see doesn't know Ferns around :LOL:,but Fern will stay clear of her because Red like to scream in the morning or any time she doesn't get her way, Fern is a Chihuahua that likes to eat a lot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Fernsdaddy, lovely bird, she does seem to have a mischievous look about her and also aware, it would not occur to me that she also has a potty mouth. I wonder where she got that from?

Some from me and a lot from my Mother when she lived with me, as she gets older the less she talks and than only talks to me most of the time.

Ask a Question