Organic pesticide recipe

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I have an organic pesticide recipe. Half fill a metallic container with water. Mix with bitter weeds and vegetables like pepper, sodom apple and mexican marigold and heat. Strain the materials and put a piece of bar soap to bind the pesticide to plant leaves. When cool, spray. Do you have any organic recipe?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Into a blender put 2 entire pods of garlic, 4 very hot peppers, 2 oz liquid seaweed, 1 oz molasses and a cup of water. Blend until completely emulsified. Strain through layers of cheesecloth or something similar into a quart jar and fill with water. Add a squirt of dishwashing liquid. Use this concentrate at the rate of 2 oz per gallon of water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
A few drops of cinnamon oil, a few drops of clove oil, enough dish soap to make moderate suds when shaken (not stirred) into a quart spray bottle of water. I also encourage Lady Beetles in the garden. They can clean a good-sized bush of aphids in no time. I never use my mixture on a plant if there are Lady Beetles or their larvae on a plant. I was hand squishing some aphids on a plant one morning when i noticed a Lady Beetle sitting on a leaf close by and watching me. I am sure she was trying to tell me "hey, you are squishing my lunch"! Now i look more closely before squishing or spraying. I never use the spray on plants that host butterfly or moth caterpillars.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been using red pepper (spice aisle) around my plants for years to prevent ants. I sprinkle it in the dirt AROUND the plant. Never on the plant itself as it will leave burn marks on the leaves.

Ask a Question